Warm Pork, Peanut and Cabbage Salad with a Pickled Ginger Vinaigrette
|Fruits, Salads and Vegetables
For the salad
|1 lb ground pork
|1 tbsp olive oil
|1/2 tsp Kosher salt
|1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin
|2 carrots julienned
|4 scallions sliced thin
|1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
|picked cilantro and mint to garnish
|2 tbsp pickled ginger, roughly chopped
|3 tbsp pickled ginger juice
|2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
|2 tbsp garlic, minced
|1/2 cup lime juice
|2 tbsp fish sauce
|1/4 tsp red chili flakes
|1/2 cup olive oil
Warm Pork, Peanut and Cabbage Salad with a Pickled Ginger Vinaigrette Directions
- In a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients, toss the cabbage, carrots, scallions and peanuts together. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground pork with the olive oil and salt until cooked through.
- Toss the cooked pork into the bowl with the cabbage while the pork is still hot. Stir in the dressing.
- Serve garnished with picked herbs and additional chopped peanuts.
- Created by our partnership with Chef Vivian Howard.