Thai Beef Rainbow Lettuce Wraps
Peanut Dipping Sauce
|3 tbsp olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, peeled|
|2 tbsp soy sauce|
|2 tbsp peanut butter|
|1 tbsp water|
|1 tbsp rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp honey|
|1 big squeeze lime juice|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic chopped|
|salt and pepper|
|20 large lettuce leaves (butter lettuce work well)|
|1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|1 large cucumber, thinly sliced|
|2 cups shredded carrots|
|20 to 25 basil leaves|
Thai Beef Rainbow Lettuce Wraps Directions
- Blend all peanut dipping sauce ingredients together. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Add oil and garlic to skillet. Cook on medium heat until fragrant.
- Cook beef in skillet on medium heat until brown
- To assemble the lettuce wraps, place, red pepper, carrot and cucumber crosswise at the leafy end of the lettuce leaf. Top with 1-2 Thai basil leaves. Fold sides of lettuce in, then roll down toward the crunchy end of the leaf. This can be done ahead of time or serve all the components on a platter and everyone can make their own.
- Serve with peanut dipping sauce in individual bowls. Make 4-6 servings.