Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
|1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter|
|1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil|
|1/4 Cup Maple Syrup|
|2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt|
|2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour|
|2 Tablespoons Maca Powder|
|1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips|
|1 Cup Walnuts|
|2 Tablespoons Cacao Powder|
|12 Soft Dates|
|2 Tablespoons Water|
|1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt|
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars Directions
1. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a large bowl stir together peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Make sure the mixture is thick (add more peanut butter if needed). Add almond flour and maca to combine both ingredients. Lastly add the chocolate chips and press into the pan make sure the mixture is firm prior to placing in the freezer. Place the pan in the freezer.
3. In a blender or food processor combine walnuts and cacao powder until all is well chopped. Add the dates and water to make sure the blade does not get stuck. Spread onto the cookie layer then sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm ingredients then remove and slice into bars.
5. Once the finished bars are removed from the freezer let thaw for 15 minutes at room temperature and serve